How to Enable Spotify for Your Subscribers
As a podcaster, one of the biggest advantages of Supercast is that it's extremely easy for your subscribers to listen to your premium content in a podcast player of their choice.
Now...Spotify is yet another listening choice for your subscribers. Heck yeah!
- Spotify listeners will not receive any personalized episodes.
- You will not be able to view listener data for subscribers using Spotify. If you would like to see the analytics, please contact email@example.com.
This article covers the following:
What is the impact of this change?
Activating your Premium Feed on Spotify means two things:
- Your subscribers will be able to listen to your premium content in Spotify.
- Your premium feed will also appear in Spotify's search results. If somebody clicks on this premium feed, the episodes will be "padlocked", since it's premium content. However, Spotify will also give listeners a chance to link their Supercast accounts to unlock the content:
How to activate Spotify
1) Go to Settings > Podcast
Please make sure that:
- Your podcast Title is different from your Free Podcast.
- Your Description, Author, and Email fields are filled in
2) Go to Settings > Spotify Preferences
3) Click Enable Spotify Access
4) [Networks only] Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each of your podcasts.