How to Enable Spotify for Your Subscribers
As a podcaster, one of the biggest advantages of Supercast is that it's extremely easy for your subscribers to listen to your premium content in a podcast player of their choice.
Now...Spotify is yet another listening choice for your subscribers. Heck yeah!
- This is currently only available to Supercast creators on the All-in plan. (We hope to make this available for Custom creators soon.)
- Spotify does not make listener metrics available to Supercast. You will need to log in to your “Spotify for Podcasters” dashboard to review Spotify activity.
- Spotify listeners will not receive any personalized episodes.
This article covers the following:
What is the impact of this change?
Activating your Premium Feed on Spotify means two things:
- Your subscribers will be able to listen to your premium content in Spotify.
- Your premium feed will also appear in Spotify's search results. If somebody clicks on this premium feed, the episodes will be "padlocked", since it's premium content. However, Spotify will also give listeners a chance to link their Supercast accounts to unlock the content:
How to activate Spotify
Step 1: Go to Advanced Settings > Spotify Preferences.
Step 2: Check that your podcast settings are properly configured.
In your Podcast Settings, please ensure that:
- Your podcast Title is different from your Free Podcast.
- Your Description, Author, and Email fields are filled in.
If not, please address any missing fields in Podcast Settings.
Step 3: Copy your Supercast feed
Step 4: Add your feed to Spotify for Podcasters
- Visit Spotify for Podcasters (Create an account if you don't have one already.)
- Click Dashboard
- Open the left nav bar by clicking "..." and select "Add or claim your podcast"
- When it asks for your 'Link to RSS feed', copy and paste your feed listed.
- Follow the prompts until you reach a screen that says your show has been added.
- Copy your Spotify show link.
- Paste your Spotify show link
- Click Verify my Spotify show
Step 6: Wait for Supercast to verify your feed.
Supercast will email you within one business day to verify that your premium show has successfully been added to Spotify.
Your subscribers will now be able to listen to your premium content in Spotify. Hooray!
(Networks only) Step 7: Repeat steps 1 to 6 for each of your podcasts.
If you're a network with more than one show, repeat steps 1 to 6 for each of your podcasts.