How Do I Access My Premium Feed?
Once you have signed up for a creator's subscription, the most important step is to connect to their premium feed in your podcast player. This is where you will find all the premium content that your subscription bought you.
The premium feed is separate from the free feed. The free feed won't automatically update with the premium content. Instead, you will have to connect to the premium feed in your podcast player to listen to the member-only content.
How Do I Access My Premium Feed?
You have a number of ways to connect to your premium feed (also known as a "private RSS feed") to access the premium content:
- Player links displayed to you on sign-up (and stored in your member dashboard)
- Welcome Email
- Manually Add Your Private RSS Feed to Your Player
Please Note: Most popular podcast players support private RSS feeds, but unfortunately some like Stitcher do not. Before you read on, it's best to confirm that you have a supported podcast app. We've compiled a handy list for you here: Podcast Players that Support Private RSS Feeds.
Now that you're set up with a podcast player, it's time to connect to your premium feed from one of the options below.
Option 1: Player Links
We recommend following these steps on the device you use to listen to your podcast.
You may watch the above video or follow the steps below to connect to your private RSS feed:
Step 1: After subscribing to a Supercast creator, log into Supercast.com on the device you use to listen to podcasts. (If you haven't signed in or set your password, click "Forgot Password?", and we'll email you a reset link.)
Step 2: Once logged in, click the player link that matches the podcast player you want to connect to:
Tip for selecting players:
- iPhone users - Select Apple Podcasts
- Android users - Select Google Podcasts
- Laptop or Desktop users - Select Google Podcasts
If you don't see the player links, you will have to:
- Select your subscription
- Click 'Add to Your Player'
- The player links should now appear
Step 3: If your podcast player does not appear as an option, click on the Get RSS Link button below. The following window will pop up:
Step 4: Click the green Copy button to copy the RSS feed link, and then navigate to your podcast listener where you will need to manually add the RSS Feed. This process will vary depending on the app.
Step 5: You're all finished! Now the private RSS feed will automatically deliver your new premium content directly to your device.
Option 2: Welcome Email
Option 3: Manually Add Your Private RSS Feed to Your Podcast Player
If, for whatever reason, none of the above options work, you access your premium content by adding your private RSS feed to your podcast player as follows:
Step 1: Copy your private RSS feed from either your subscriber dashboard or Welcome Email
1. Select Other Player / RSS
2. Click Copy
Step 2: Open your podcast player
Please ensure your podcast player supports private RSS feeds.
Step 3: Navigate to the Add by URL function, paste and subscribe to the feed.
- Mac (iTunes on Windows): Click on “File” in the top left menu. Then select “Add a Show by URL…” from the dropdown and paste the feed URL in the pop-up window. Click “Subscribe” and voilà!
- iOS: Tap “Library” on the bottom row of icons. Then hit “Edit” on the top right, and select “Add a Show by URL…”. Then paste the feed URL and tap “Subscribe” and you’re off to the races.
- iPad: Let's try this on your iPad:
Ensure you have Apple Podcasts downloaded on your iPadGo to supercast.com.Click Log In (top right-hand corner).Enter your log-in details (Email is email@example.com, and I reset your password to Temp1234).Select Breaking Points.Click the Apple Podcasts icon.Once redirected to Apple Podcasts, click Subscribe.Navigate to Library > Shows, and you'll see the Breaking Points Premium feed.
- Android: Click Activity > Scroll over to Subscriptions > Click the '...' (more options) button on the top-right-hand corner > Click Add By RSS Feed > Enter your private RSS feed and click Subscribe.
- iOS: Navigate to Activity > Click on the More Options icon "..." in the top right-hand corner > Add by RSS feed > Enter your private RSS feed and click Subscribe.
- Browser: Click Add by RSS Feed > Add podcast by RSS on Google > Enter your private RSS feed and click Subscribe.
- Paste the URL of the feed into the search field in the “Discover” tab and then hit search. Tap on the podcast that should appear in search results and then mash that “Subscribe” button.
- Tap the “Library” tab, then select the “Subscriptions” tab. Tap the “+” in the upper right and select “Add from link”. Paste the feed URL and tap done!
- Tap the “+” button in the top right like you normally would to add a podcast. Then select “Add URL” in the top right, paste the feed URL and hit done!
- Paste the feed URL into the search bar at the top of the “Discover” tab and then hit search. Then hit “Subscribe” and you’re done.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top right. Then it’ll take you to the “New Podcast” screen. Then there is a second “+” button you’ll need to hit before selecting “RSS feed”. Then paste in the feed URL and tap “Add.” to finish.
- Tap “Add” on the bottom bar, press “Add Podcast Manually” and in the “Feed” field paste the URL of the RSS feed. Then hit “Subscribe” in the top right.
- Click the + button in the upper right corner, click the RSS tab, and paste in your URL.