How to Integrate Supercast with WordPress (MemberPress, Memberful or WooCommerce)
One of the benefits of Supercast's platform is the ability to integrate with other online tools. Integrating Supercast with your website is a good alternative to the All-in Plan if:
- You already have a membership system in place you want to continue using.
- You sell other products and services through your website and want to list podcast subscriptions alongside them.
Under this set-up, your WordPress membership platform manages the member sign-up and billing, while Supercast provides the private RSS feeds and episode hosting. Supercast enables your members to connect to their private RSS feed by displaying player links in your member area. Members can click on these links to connect to their private podcast feed in a podcast player of their choice.
The player links look as follows:
Set up steps:
2. You'll need an API token to connect your Supercast account to WordPress. To get this:
- Navigate to API under Settings.
- Click on Generate podcast access token to generate a new one.
3. Copy the token (at the bottom of the page) to your clipboard.
4. In your Wordpress admin panel, if you've installed the plugin, you should have a new menu item named Supercast. Click on it and paste the API token into this text box:
5. Click on Fetch Supercast Channels (If you don't see an error, you're successfully connected!)
6. Next, you need to tell Supercast how your memberships correspond to your channels/networks. Go to the Feeds tab, and for each of your plans that you want to sync with Supercast, select it (from the dropdown), and choose whether it should give users access to a single channel or your whole network.
7. After that, all you need to do is add the shortcode [supercast-feeds] anywhere on your site (on a page that's gated behind a membership), and we'll show the podcast feed URLs with links to players for subscribers.
8. Recommended: Checkmark Connection Reminder Emails in Supercast
From your Supercast dashboard, click Notification Preferences under Settings.
Then, checkmark Connection Reminder Notifications.
This will send members who have not connected to their feeds 3 days after sign-up a reminder email, which contains their player links. Here's an example of what the email will look like: