Setting Up Your Sign-up Page
Your sign-up page is where you send your listeners to sign up for your podcast subscription. It goes without saying that an attractive and informative sign-up page is critical for sign-ups.
This article covers the following:
Example Sign-up Pages
Here are some of our favorite sign-up pages on Supercast. They all use Supercast's features to effectively present their show's unique value proposition.
We love how Hit the Brake keeps their sign-up page super clean and simple, with a single plan offered via monthly or annual payment. With clever imagery and a call to action that has been tailored for their premium feed and audience, this is a great formula to follow for maximum conversion.
As the Grand Prize Winner of our Paid to Podcast competition, and a super-savvy marketer in his own right, DGMG knows a thing or two about how to sell your message. DGMG's sign-up page is sharp, includes compelling copy, and is primed for conversion.
The Huberman Lab Premium Podcast
As with the other sign-up pages, Huberman Lab's sign-up page is clear, simple, and effective. It makes a clear pitch for why people should sign up and offers three straightforward plan options.
How to Create a Sign-up Page
Still using our V1 landing page design? Upgrade to V2, or find V1 instructions here.
1. Navigate to Settings > Sign-up Page on the sidebar. From here you can customize various attributes as shown below.
2. Click on the + icon under the Logo header to upload your podcast or company logo - we recommend using a bright image for maximum contrast.
3. Click on the color palette located under the Accent Color header to select the accent color you want used throughout your sign-up page. You can customize your color with the palette tool or enter in a RGB, HSL, or HEX color code.
4. Upload your premium podcast artwork. We recommend distinct artwork which will help customers quickly identify this premium podcast in their podcast player - examples of premium artwork here.
Note: Max file size 10MB. Min resolution 1,400 × 1,400 pixels (max 3,000 × 3,000 pixels)
5. Write the headline for your sign-up page here.
6. Write a brief summary of your podcast here. Try to keep it concise, 2-3 sentences about what subscribers can expect from your subscription offering.
7. Write content for your About Section here outlining details about your podcast, who makes it, what it's about, and who it is for.
Looking for inspiration on how to message your paid content? Check out the How to message your paid membership section of our Membership Guide.
8. A welcome clip is a short audio clip you can embed in your sign-up page welcoming new subscribers. To insert a welcome clip, click on this box at the bottom of the page.
9. You'll then be prompted to create a title and brief description for the welcome clip, then upload an audio file. Make sure you click the Update sign-up Page button at the bottom to ensure your page is saved and updated.
10. When you're ready to publish your sign-up page after completing all the steps in the Pre-launch Checklist, go into Podcast Settings > Publish.
Alternatives to Sign-up Pages
While our sign-up page is an excellent option for selling your membership, you might have reasons to drive your audience to your own website instead. For example, your website:
- Gets organic traffic
- Offers greater control of the user experience and content
If so, you should consider embedding your plans onto your own website, allowing your audience to sign up on your website.
For example, Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income uses our plan embed on his website.
Whatever option you choose, Supercast is here to support you along the way.
Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you need any help with the above steps.