Creating an Episode
So, you've finished setting up your own personal Supercast account. Congrats! You're now ready to release your content to the world!
If you don't want to publish right away, create a draft to prep for the episode's future release.
Just want to sync your free podcast's episodes into your Supercast account? Try out the RSS Sync.
Want to trigger a special episode in a subscriber's feed at key moments? Add a Personalized Episode.
This article will cover the following:
- Publishing an Episode
- Saving Drafts for Future Episodes
- Sync Your Free Podcast
- Add a Personalized Episode
Publishing an Episode
If you've recorded an episode of your podcast and you want to release it ASAP:
1. Navigate to Episodes > New Episode. The "New Episode" button is found in the top-right corner under your user icon as seen below.
2. Fill out the informational fields on the form that will appear. The only required fields to publish are a title and an audio file. We recommend adding as much information as possible for the benefit of your listeners. You can highlight this episode on your landing page by checking the "Featured" box at the bottom of the page.
3. Upload the episode as an audio file.
4. Select the current date and time under "Published On" to publish immediately. If you want to schedule an episode release in the future, set "Published On" to the desired date and time. The episode will be saved as a draft until that time so feel free to make any edits you want between now and then.
5. Release your content by selecting "Create Episode" at the very bottom of the page.
Saving Drafts for Future Episodes
If you aren't ready to publish yet, follow these steps to create an episode draft:
1. Complete the first three steps of "Publishing an Episode" above.
2. By either leaving "Published On" blank or scheduling the date in the future, the episode will be saved as a draft as seen below.
3. The draft can be viewed under "Episodes" and edited at any time. When ready to publish, attach the audio file if you haven't already and select "Publish" in the top-right corner.
Sync Your Free Podcast
To learn how to sync the episodes of your free podcast with Supercast, check out this article.
Add a Personalized Episode
To learn how to trigger a special episode in a subscriber's feed at key moments (such as a New Member Welcome episode, a Payment Issue episode, or a Member Cancelled episode), check out this article.